Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Creature of Darkness

Being the Christmas period, work has become quite busy, so in lieu of a proper post I give you the following:

In the shadows I live. In the quiet and darkness. I creep into your dreams when I can, but my favourite thing of all is to touch your skin while you sleep; my nails, long and sharp, scoring thin red marks on your surface. If you wake, if you open your sleep weighted eyes, you will not see me. There will be only a soft whisper as I slip back into the shadows, unknown by you.
You will not know me. I am too fast for you, and I live in the moonless night where your eyes cannot penetrate. Your electric lights will not banish all the gentle dark, and I can wait for the time when they are gone.

 

1 comment:

  1. I very much like this ,poem (?) is that what I should call it? But rremind me not to come to your place for dinner

    ReplyDelete