Monday, August 20, 2012

Usually I like to be nice to customer support...

Wow, it's been ages since I've created a new post. There have been numerous factors, but mostly I would say it's just life been getting in the way. However, occasionally something pops up that just says 'blog'. This time, it was an irritating and useless standardised email response to a problem I had with my tatts ticket confirmations. I amused myself getting all sarcastic in response, and in the hopes it will amuse you too, I've reproduced below all correspondence so far.  I'll try to keep you updated with any further replies.

Email #1: To online support for tatts

Subject: Didn't receive email confirmation

Hi,

I have bought 2 tickets this evening. I received the email confirmation for one of them, but haven't received the email confirmation for the other one. I can see both tickets in my ticket history when I log into my account, but would like to make sure that I continue to receive email confirmations of all the tickets that I buy. 
Can you please look into this for me?

Please let me know what details you need.

Thanks,

Hippofeet.



Email #2: Standardised response, accepting no responsibility (lightly edited for boring unnecessary spam)

Thank you for emailing Tattersall's Hippofeet,


There can be a number of reasons why an email sent to you would not be received. Some of these include: 

• There is a problem with your email account, archiving email on the ISP server and being over the size limit. 
• There is a problem with mail delivery with your ISP 
• The email is treated as SPAM due to its content or subject title 
• The email is blocked by software used by you, your ISP, or work place network or systems administrator 
• Our mail is being directed to a junk folder and you need to add us to a safe list, e.g. Contacts tab in Hotmail

The email addresses we commonly use are:

Blah, blah, blah...

We suggest that you investigate the non-delivery of the expected email with your helpdesk or your internet service provider or use a different email address.

If you are using Gmail you may be able to overcome this by doing the following:

• Go to the spam folder 
• Locate our emails, tick the checkbox next to them 
• Click the “Not spam” button

Yours sincerely,

Aleksandra
Customer Support

Email #3: Hippofeet in sarcasm mode


Hi,
Thank for your extremely unhelpful standardised email, showing you clearly only read the subject of my email and not the content. Your level of dedication to your customers is clearly right up there with the best of them.
I think your suggestion of changing my email address because one of your emails didn't come through to me, once, was clearly the obvious solution.
Perhaps you could pass this email onto someone with more than 2 seconds to read it? Let me reiterate my first email, and give you some additional information:
I received 1 email tonight after purchasing 2 tickets. Every other time I have done this, I get 2 separate emails with the details of each ticket. Tonight, I only received an email for the one ticket. Clearly since I did get the one ticket, my email host does not have a problem with your address getting marked as spam, but just to be sure, and not being a total moron, I had actually thought to check this before sending to you for help.
As far as my email account being over the size limit, well the fact that I received your useless reply to my query tends to suggest that's not the case. If you in fact mean that the individual ticket confirmation email may have been archived due to being too large, perhaps you should think about that for a second... I've not had problems with any previous ticket confirmation emails, so what exactly was in this particular one to make it so fat my email host decided to archive it instead of sending it to my inbox?
But all this is a little beside the point. I don't really care what the problem was this time, I just want a copy of the email so that I don't have to rely on logging in to my Tatts account to check if I've won or not. I would also like to confirm that I will still be receiving ticket confirmation emails in future. Since I can assure you this is not a problem with my email account, I would appreciate a little more input from your help desk than a standardised email.
Thank you.


So, I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm hoping that's because they've passed my response onto someone who is going to look at it a bit longer - but I also have an inkling that maybe it went straight to their spam folder.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should suggest they change their email address and consult their helpdesk as to why they might not be receiving your emails, or why they might be going to their spam folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I'll definitely consider that if I have to get back to them again.

      Delete